OCZ Releases PCI – Express SSDs Up to 16TB Capacity
OCZ has officially launched two Z drive SSD, Z-Drive R5 and Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSD which are supposed to have leading capacity and performance parameters.
Features of Z-Drive R5 PCIe SSD
- Bandwidth of up to 16 GB / s
- High capacities up to 12TB
- Supports PCI Express 3.0 x16
- Ideal for all enterprise data types with both compressible and non-compressible files
- MLC, eMLC, and SLC NAND Flash options
- Compatible with VMware ESXi and ESX, Linux, Windows Server 2008, and OS X
- 2.52 million IOPS and 7.2GB/s sequential transfers per card
Features of Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSD
- 16 SandForce SF-2582 controllers
- 16TB of NAND on a single, double slot, PCIe card
- Interface remains PCIe x8 although the connector is physically an x16 interface
- Organized into two 8-controller sets, each behind an OCZ VCA chip
The Z-Drive R4 CloudServ RM1616 is not as fast as the R5 (6.5GB/s), but it beats it in storage space.